Developed in cooperation of Motorola and IBM, these CPUs are used mainly in Apple's PowerMacs and in IBM's pSeries and iSeries systems (aka RS/6000 and AS/400).
Meanwhile IBM has taken over development of PowerPC CPUs completely.
- APUS - Amiga PowerUP System - Amiga systems with PowerPC upgrade boards.
- CHRP - Secord standard for the architecture of (IBM's) PowerPC systems
- iSeries - IBM iSeries (former AS/400)
- PowerMac - Apple Power Macintosh computers with PCI bus and compatibles.
- PowerMac/NuBus - The first models of Apple Power Macintoshs
- PReP - First standard for the architecture of (IBM's) PowerPC systems.
Erster Standard für die Architektur von (IBM-)PowerPC-Systemen
- RS/6000 Microchannel - Earliest IBM-PowerPC machines
The following Linux distributions are available for this architecture.